To obtain a visa for Cambodia, you will generally need a valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity, a completed visa application form, a passport-sized photograph, and the required visa fee. The specific visa requirements can vary depending on your nationality and the type of visa you are applying for.
Detailed answer to your inquiry
To obtain a visa for Cambodia, there are several documents and requirements you need to fulfill. Here is a detailed answer to your question:
Valid Passport: You will need a valid passport with a minimum of 6 months validity beyond the date of your planned departure from Cambodia. This is a common requirement for most countries when applying for a visa.
Completed Visa Application Form: You must fill out a visa application form, which can be obtained from the Cambodian Embassy or Consulate in your country. Ensure that all the information provided is accurate and up-to-date.
Passport-Sized Photograph: You will need to provide a recent passport-sized photograph along with your application form. The photograph should meet the specific requirements set by the Cambodian authorities, such as size, background color, and clarity.
Visa Fee: The visa fee varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for and your nationality. It is essential to check the current fee before submitting your application. The fee can usually be paid in cash or as specified by the embassy or consulate.
Apart from these general requirements, there are several additional factors to consider:
Nationality: Different nationalities may have specific visa requirements or categories. It is advisable to check with the Cambodian Embassy or Consulate in your country to determine the exact requirements based on your nationality.
Type of Visa: Cambodia offers various types of visas, including tourist visas, business visas, and student visas, among others. The specific requirements and supporting documents may differ based on the type of visa you are applying for. Ensure you apply for the correct visa category that suits your purpose of travel.
Famous Quote: “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.” – Mark Twain
Interesting Facts about Cambodia:
- Cambodia is home to the largest religious monument in the world, Angkor Wat, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- The official language of Cambodia is Khmer.
- Cambodian cuisine is renowned for its flavors and unique dishes, such as Amok (a popular fish curry) and Bai Sach Chrouk (grilled pork with rice).
- The national flag of Cambodia consists of three horizontal stripes of blue, red, and blue, with an image of Angkor Wat in the center.
- Cambodian people greet each other with a gesture called “Sampeah,” which involves pressing the palms together in a prayer-like fashion.
Here is a table summarizing the general requirements for a Cambodian visa:
|Valid Passport||Must have at least 6 months validity|
|Completed Application Form||Obtainable from Cambodian Embassy/Consulate|
|Passport-Sized Photograph||Recent photo meeting specific requirements|
|Visa Fee||Varies based on visa type and nationality|
Remember to consult the nearest Cambodian Embassy or Consulate to obtain the most accurate and up-to-date information about visa requirements for your specific situation.
This video provides a comprehensive guide on obtaining a Visa On Arrival at Phnom Penh International Airport in Cambodia. It covers the process of filling out the immigration card, the payment options, and the validity of the visa. The video also showcases the facilities available at the airport and provides information on transportation options. The content creator requests viewers to engage with the video.
Here are some other responses to your query
When you apply for a Cambodia visa, you will need to present the following documents:
- Your passport, which must be valid for at least another six months and with at least one blank visa page.
- A return-trip ticket.
- Cash in US dollars to pay the visa fee (US$30 for tourist visa; US$35 for ordinary visa)
To get a Cambodia visa on arrival you will need:
- A passport that is valid for six months or more.
- Two empty pages in your passport.
- A completed Cambodia visa application form; supplied on the plane, or, at the airport or land border crossing.
- The visa fee as mentioned above. This must be in US dollars.