Yes, you can check the status of a green card application online through the USCIS website by using the receipt number provided in the application’s confirmation notice.
If you want a detailed answer, read below
Yes, you can check the status of a green card application online through the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) website. This is a convenient and efficient way to track the progress of your application and stay updated on any changes.
To check the green card status online, you will need the receipt number provided in the application’s confirmation notice. Once you have this number, follow these steps:
- Visit the USCIS website (https://www.uscis.gov/) and navigate to the “Check Case Status” page.
- Enter your receipt number in the designated field. The receipt number typically starts with three letters followed by a series of numbers.
- Click on the “Check Status” button to retrieve the information.
After submitting the form, you will be able to view the status of your green card application. The online portal will provide detailed information about the current stage of your application, whether it is pending, in process, or completed.
Now, let’s dive into some interesting facts about green cards:
- The term “green card” is derived from the color of the identification card that immigrants used to receive before the design changed in 2010.
- The first green card was issued in 1946 to the inventor of the polo shirt, René Lacoste, who was also a famous tennis player.
- Green cards are officially known as Permanent Resident Cards and grant individuals the right to live and work permanently in the United States.
- Approximately one million green cards are issued each year.
- Green card holders (permanent residents) have certain rights and responsibilities, including paying taxes and obeying U.S. laws.
- The Green Card Lottery, officially called the Diversity Visa Lottery, is a random selection process that grants permanent residency to individuals from countries with low rates of immigration to the United States.
- Green card holders are eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship after a certain period of continuous residence and meeting other requirements.
To illustrate the information more visually, here is a simple table showcasing the steps to check green card status:
|1||Visit the USCIS website|
|2||Navigate to the “Check Case Status” page|
|3||Enter the receipt number provided in the application’s confirmation|
|4||Click on the “Check Status” button|
|5||View the status of your green card application|
As Mark Twain once famously said, “The secret to getting ahead is getting started.” So, make use of the online resources available and stay informed about the status of your green card application.
Check out the other answers I found
Online: Use the case status online tool to check for updates about your immigration case. You will need your 13-character receipt number from your application or petition. By phone: If you are calling from the U.S., contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283 or TTY 1-800-767-1833.
If you’ve applied for a green card through consular processing, you can check your status online or by registering for automatic updates. Both methods are convenient.
Checking online is by far the easiest way to track the status of your green card application, and it’s the recommended first step according to USCIS.
To use your receipt number to check your green card status, go to the Case Status Online page. Enter the number into the box and click the Check Status button. Unfortunately, there is no way to check your status via email!
You can verify your case status online from your home or office, even from your cell phone! You only have to access USCIS’ Case Status Online directly through uscis.gov.
If you filed an immigration application or petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), you can check the progress of your case online or by phone. Online: Use the case status online tool to check for updates about your immigration case. You will need your 13-character receipt number from your application or petition.
If you do have a USCIS online account, you can also check Case Status Online to see if we have mailed your card.
The U.S. Department of Homeland Security allows those who have applied or petitioned for an immigration benefit to check the status of their case online. Check Case Status Check the status of your case online via the My Case Status webpage.
Check the USCIS Case Status Online using your 13-character receipt number. This number can be found on your Form I-797 receipt notice. Call the USCIS Contact Center at 1-800-375-5283. Check your mail regularly as the USCIS sends you notices regularly by mail throughout the application process. Schedule an InfoPass appointment online*.
When a receipt number is entered, the check status button will be enabled and you can check the status.
Response to your question in video format
This video provides a step-by-step guide on how to check the status of an immigration application, petition, or request online through the USCIS website. By entering the receipt number, applicants can track the progress of their case, receive updates, and get estimated processing times. The online tool is a convenient way for applicants to stay informed about their immigration application.